Default Dusky or Hydrasports.

Mid '90's 25' center console. Assuming they are both in the same condition with the same power which boat would you get and why?

Hydra. Better ride, better finishing and better features. Not really a fair comparison.

I like Duskys simply cause they are well made. Try one you'll be happy...!!

DL
    Capt.Disco Louie

Get Tight Sucka's!!!!!!

Whichever one has Yamahas.
    It's a big ocean, find your own fish

Which wallet is yours?
    The one that says bad mother#ucker.

I think its a fair comparison. I have a 256 Dusky and my buddy had a Hydra. I've been on both plenty and each have there ups and downs.

My issue with the Dusky was that its actually too flared. Puts a lot of stress on the hull when your plowing.

The Dusky does not have as much gelcoat or glass as you may have heard either. I had to do lots of repairs and I was suprised how thin it all was.

Hydra was a little wetter although I had an annoying spray that came over the bow of my Dusky. Like water torture. I think it was b/c the boat pushed so much b/c of the flare. Its was really annoying.

I have a Competition now...no comparison. Granted mines a 31 but they make a 25. Without quesation I would go this route. Ask a guy named GT Fish on here about his 25. There's a few for sale online and mayube still on THT. Or call Manny in Hialeah and he'll build you one. There are same price or less than Hydra or Dusky's.

Quote Originally Posted by paperchaser View Post
    hydra was a little wetter although i had an annoying spray that came over the bow of my dusky. Like water torture. I think it was b/c the boat pushed so much b/c of the flare. Its was really annoying.

i hate the fn pattented bow spray. The bow entry on the duskys is a very low degree. The actual entry is more round than a v. So you get the most annoying fn spray even in calm seas. Fml ema emba----------------- at least someone knows my pain!

Quote Originally Posted by TOPPDAWG View Post
    i hate the fn pattented bow spray. The bow entry on the duskys is a very low degree. The actual entry is more round than a v. So you get the most annoying fn spray even in calm seas. Fml ema emba----------------- at least someone knows my pain!
    And when you bring it up to Dusky they're like, reallly? First we've ever heard that one...

I thought it was the bow pulpit originally creating a sort of negative pressure area and pulling the spray up and over so I took mine off. It helped a little for sure, but the spray still continued. Too low a dgree for sure and it puts a TON of pressure on that hull. Overall its a decent boat but I'd go with a deeper V for sure.

I'm telling anyone, get a Competition and be done!

Thread Information