Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 69
  1. #31

    Default

    Ollie,

    Ok, since you want me to play here it goes.

    Linda was a deckhand for a fellow named Aldo on a boat called "Gloria Dawn" when I first started fishing the Grand Banks. He is an old-timer from Maine and a good guy.

    The following year he gave Linda the "Gloria Dawn" to run. I had the misfortune of being the first boat to fish next to her as Captain. I arrived on the break "fishing area" early that morning and proceeded to run the edge all day and scope out my set. Come setting time I see a target on the radar come towards me, we make contact and she proceeds to tell me I am on her water, even though she has not fished yet. Her arogant attitude made me back off and let her have the break and I fished outside and behind her a mile or 2 so she could guide the way. After set one, we compared notes and she told me she had 1500 pounds, I being a gentleman told her that we had about the same. Each and every day our reports were similiar, of course we both thought each other was lying. Seven days later, I called her to say we were heading to port with the fish hold plugged (45,000 pounds). Our famous Lady came unglued, seems she was catching 1500 pounds per day. Guess she should have followed rather than lead.

    Next trip that same year she again had a broker while we filled the boat. I believe I did have the break and she was like 3 boats outside of me. The following year she teamed up with a guy named Larry Butler (she does not write about Larry in her books) ask her about him. While Linda and Larry were off on another freq. making plans for the vessels to finish the set close to each other (ask her), they forgot to call the two vessels who were already working the water they decided to set on. David Marks and myself were there for a week prior when the love birds decided to set on top of us and tangle 4 lines together. David even made a comment that some of his leaders were cut and that fish were missing (ask her she will remember).

    The following year I took my boat to Hawaii, my time with Linda was done and I couldn't be happier. Bob Brown took a chance and gave her the Hanna Boden, she had a few good crew members and I heard that she had finally started catching something. I didn't keep track, but heard from Tom Ring (her mate) that Ma did good. Ma was her handle onboard.

    Her claim to fame is to run the HB at the same time that Billy sank (Adrea Gail) since both vessels had the same owner, the claim that she was the highliner is totally false, I can name 20 guys who could kick her ass on a daily basis. Linda could only dream of putting the amount of meat on the dock that we have. It has nothing to do with being a girl, just not understanding how water flows, hence her situation now.

    We never had our ass kicked by anyone, especially Linda and always were at or near the top producer each trip. If you really know anyone who has ran a PLL vessel from 1980 until today they will confirm that getting to the wharf before me was a good idea to get a price for your fish. There are former PLL'ers on here who can confirm.

    Please confirm this with Linda and ask her if she could kick the ass of Larry Horn, Tom Berry, Tony Guisman, John Frawley, Bob Larue, Mike Foy, Bob Mitchell, Jerry Grandinete, Warren Cannon and a host of others.

    Don't believe the hype that sells books. Now go back to catching pretty striped fish for somebody's tank.
    Last edited by Broadbill-Pro; 09-26-2008 at 08:59 AM.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbill-Pro View Post
    I have never been a Linda fan, I fished side by side with her on the Grand Banks and can say that she was the least cooperative person I have ever had to deal with in 25 years of commercial fishing.

    WarDaddy come in second?
    Last edited by Ocean Outlaw 420; 09-26-2008 at 10:04 AM.

  3. #33
    Grander WhItEoUt 23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    pompano bch
    Posts
    2,982

    Default

    [ Now go back to catching pretty striped fish for somebody's tank.[/QUOTE]

    TIGHT LINES AND SHARP HOOK'S

  4. #34
    Old Salt quack quack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lake worth
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    My brother was running the Dawn and the Provider then I think?Any way I hope Tim and the crew are ok and get back to fishing soon.
    Last edited by quack quack; 12-29-2008 at 02:05 PM.
    Amagansett means “place of good water” in one American Indian tongue, and for generations of Lesters who have lived here, it’s been true in the most literal way.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Outlaw 420 View Post
    WarDaddy come in second?
    Honestly, I had to think about that for a minute. Warren and I were business partners for 10 years and I have to say that more than once I'd like to gut him with a slime knife, but he was family.

    If I had to deal with Linda for the same time period I am sure she would still remain #1 pain in the ass.

  6. #36
    Grander Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mouth of the Rat
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Vinnie... You know what they say: "History favors those who write it."

    Highliner or not, it would have been cool to hear her speak at the next Sword Club meeting. Too bad that fell through.
    Meanwhile, on the little fiberglass boat Uncle Buck...

  7. #37

    Default

    Buck,

    90% of the guys at the sword club know more about swordfish already. Maybe she could give a Gulf of Maine lobster seminar.

    If only I could write! Any writers out there want to put together a real hook to hookers book?

  8. #38
    Grander bajakian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ocean Ridge, Fl
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbill-Pro View Post
    Buck,

    90% of the guys at the sword club know more about swordfish already. Maybe she could give a Gulf of Maine lobster seminar.

    If only I could write! Any writers out there want to put together a real hook to hookers book?
    Maybe she could give a seminar on giving head in the Giulf Stream?
    A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.
    Mitch Hedberg

    I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
    Mitch Hedberg

    I have a king size bed. I don't know any kings, but I guess if one came over, he'd be comfortable. "Oh, you're a king, you say? Well you won't believe what I have in store for you! It is to your exact specifications! When I was young I had a twin bed. I always wondered what happened to my brother.
    Mitch Hedberg

  9. #39
    Old Salt quack quack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    lake worth
    Posts
    6,745

    Default

    That would be the Gulp Stream!!!
    Amagansett means “place of good water” in one American Indian tongue, and for generations of Lesters who have lived here, it’s been true in the most literal way.

  10. #40
    Grander Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Mouth of the Rat
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbill-Pro View Post
    If only I could write! Any writers out there want to put together a real hook to hookers book?
    Hell... just string together your last 1,281 posts.
    Meanwhile, on the little fiberglass boat Uncle Buck...

  11. #41
    Grander bajakian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ocean Ridge, Fl
    Posts
    3,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quack quack View Post
    That would be the Gulp Stream!!!


    Good one Quacker!!
    A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer.
    Mitch Hedberg

    I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
    Mitch Hedberg

    I have a king size bed. I don't know any kings, but I guess if one came over, he'd be comfortable. "Oh, you're a king, you say? Well you won't believe what I have in store for you! It is to your exact specifications! When I was young I had a twin bed. I always wondered what happened to my brother.
    Mitch Hedberg

  12. #42

    Default

    CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by quack quack View Post
    That would be the Gulp Stream!!!

  13. #43
    Lines In
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default

    those are some names from the past !!!!!!

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dring View Post
    those are some names from the past !!!!!!
    She couldn't bait out for anyone on that list.

  15. #45
    Lines In
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default

    you stirred up this shitstorm, im playing switzerland.didnt matter who had the hannah bowden they always caught fish.

  16. #46
    Grander Nick C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Either way can't wait to see the video.
    Last edited by Nick C; 09-27-2008 at 01:13 AM.
    "Put your buoys out... we're comin' in HOT!"

  17. #47
    Lines In
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default

    shes looking for a guy to go. one of the other guys cant go.man up you could be on the show.there leaving tonight

  18. #48
    Hooked Up
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    256

    Default

    "Professional jealousy,can bring down a nation"...Van Morrison.

  19. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dring View Post
    shes looking for a guy to go. one of the other guys cant go.man up you could be on the show.there leaving tonight
    I am interested. I don't know if i can get my shit together by tonight.
    I will pm you my cell. Maybe they will lay a day for Kyle.
    What do you mean I'm not kind? I'm just not your kind.

  20. #50

    Default Day late.

    I made some calls and it turns out one of my old Captains is the engineer. I gave him a call because I knew he is friends with Linda. It turns out he says I am on the back deck of the boat right now. Then he said the guy who bought his old boat is flying in today. The guy that left had a medical issue ( hope he gets better) He said if another spot opens I am in.

    He also said everything is good, boat was released and everyone is fine. As far as the gear they lost a beeper and one section. The boat is scheduled to leave tonight. I will talk to him when they get back and give an update.
    Last edited by Tuna Devil; 09-27-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    What do you mean I'm not kind? I'm just not your kind.

  21. #51
    Grander Nick C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Delray Beach
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Tuna Devil on TV? Sweet!
    "Put your buoys out... we're comin' in HOT!"

  22. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dring View Post
    you stirred up this shitstorm, im playing switzerland.didnt matter who had the hannah bowden they always caught fish.
    The best years on the Hanna Boden were with Larue.


    I know you Yankees are partial to Ma, but you have been in the game long enough to know I speak the truth.

  23. #53
    Hooked Up Captain Ollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Davie Florida
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Hey Broadbill Pro, Uncle Buck had a good idea about your idea of writing a book.

    He said you should just string together your last 1,281 posts.

    Sounds like a great idea!!

    When you get done, roll it on up and send it my way......

    I just ran out of toilet paper!!
    Remember that house you, or maybe your neighbor couldn't pay for? Well, now your gonna pay for it!!

  24. #54
    Grander Disco Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    8,810

    Default

    COÑO!!!!!!!! use your finger..... great practice before going to (Century Village)
    cause they ain't going to clean your ass....there either.


    DL,

  25. #55

    Default

    Update:

    Tim, Linda and crew had no problems with the Canadian govt. They are getting ready to set sail again once weather permits. They were allowed to keep the swordfish they had so all is well. One crewmember had a kidney stone so they will receive new crewmember on Sunday. Hopefully get off Monday. Wish them luck! Sandy


    next email:

    Tim and crew left last night around 10pm. Hopefully will avoid storms. Kidney stone guy became bladder stone guy and felt better. So original crew on board. Other boat came in while they were going out. One crew member hurt so they are minus one. I believe they caught 18000 lbs and 1 bluefin. Don't quote me on that. Sandy

    The caption Sandy sent said: TV camera follows famous Captain into St. John's Court room.


    That's good news. I can tell you that a spotter plane, 200' cutter and a 200nm steam to port with gear still in the water was not meant to let them go. It was a good day to have a film crew onboard OR the whole thing was a publicity stunt. The later is looking more true.

    Ollie,

    Must be tough living the life of a wanna be. For certain the girl could kick your ass offshore. Let's see if she get's a trip.

    Please don't embarrass South Florida at the AP meetings, not sure what Tim was thinking when he asked you to proxy for him. Little advice, your toilet paper remarks won't be well recieved.
    Last edited by Broadbill-Pro; 09-29-2008 at 10:48 AM.

  26. #56
    Hooked Up Beerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Good to hear all is back to normal!
    Word of Wisdom: Many a problem will solve itself, if we forget it and go FISHING!!!!

  27. #57
    Hooked Up Brand H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Jupiter, FL
    Posts
    332

    Default

    I think this thread is better than the TV show will be.

  28. #58
    Hooked Up Captain Ollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Davie Florida
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Vinnie, (BBP's first name for those of you fortunate enough not to know.)

    I live the life of a wannabe, huh? Wannabe what?
    Dude, seriously, either you have the biggest set of balls ever, or your trying to make up for some other "shortcomings".
    I think it might be the latter.

    All I can say is,
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

    First off, you calling me a wannabe, is as close as you could ever get to "the pot calling the kettle black."
    All you come across is as a bitter, disgruntled, has been.
    If you were such a ledgend on the grounds, why didn't they call you then? Hell, you've never hestitated, or restrained yourself, in your posts, even a little bit, when its come to boasting about all your accomplishments.

    I think that the truth is that your more of a ledgend in your own mind.

    Funny thing is that when most people start talking about a ledgend, they don't roll their eyes first. That seems to be exactly what happens whenever I've been around people and Vinnie's name is mentioned.

    Right off the bat there is a serious issue with the fact that YOU started this thread. Not to mention HOW you started it.
    Purely obvious that you did this just to make it seem like YOU were "in the loop".
    Getting priviledged information.

    YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY, OR COMMON DECENCY, FOR THAT MATTER, TO ASK SANDY'S (Tim's wife) PERMISSION BEFORE POSTING THAT EMAIL TO A PUBLIC FOURUM!!

    This email was sent to all the contacts on his list. What gives you the right to make that email public knowledge without asking? Not to mention the fact that you've continued doing it. Guess what?

    You ain't on da list no 'mo.

    I think at the very least you should call Sandy and apologize.

    As if posting that email without permission wasn't rude enough already, you felt oblidged to throw in your 10 cents as well....
    SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! All defamatory and negative.
    Kind of seems to me like you have a serious superiority complex, compounded by the fact that you feel you never quite got the recognition or praise that you think you may have deserved.

    In case anyone was wondering, everything went great in DC. I couldn't have been more honored than to have Tim ask for me to proxy for him at the meetings. You need not have worried about me being an embarrassment up there. I guess I must have made a good impression, since I was asked if having a seat on the AP would be something I would be interested in.

    AND, by the way, Vinnie, Ron your friend from HiLiner, that proxied for you, had no idea about the toilet paper remark. At least that's what he told me when we went to the bar. Pretty cool dude.

    Like I said before.....
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T.
    Last edited by Captain Ollie; 10-03-2008 at 11:15 PM.
    Remember that house you, or maybe your neighbor couldn't pay for? Well, now your gonna pay for it!!

  29. #59

    Default BBP is in Greece and will reply on return

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ollie View Post
    Vinnie, (BBP's first name for those of you fortunate enough not to know.)

    I live the life of a wannabe, huh? Wannabe what?
    Dude, seriously, either you have the biggest set of balls ever, or your trying to make up for some other "shortcomings".
    I think it might be the latter.

    All I can say is,
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

    First off, you calling me a wannabe, is as close as you could ever get to "the pot calling the kettle black."
    All you come across is as a bitter, disgruntled, has been.
    If you were such a ledgend on the grounds, why didn't they call you then? Hell, you've never hestitated, or restrained yourself, in your posts, even a little bit, when its come to boasting about all your accomplishments.

    I think that the truth is that your more of a ledgend in your own mind.

    Funny thing is that when most people start talking about a ledgend, they don't roll their eyes first. That seems to be exactly what happens whenever I've been around people and Vinnie's name is mentioned.

    Right off the bat there is a serious issue with the fact that YOU started this thread. Not to mention HOW you started it.
    Purely obvious that you did this just to make it seem like YOU were "in the loop".
    Getting priviledged information.

    YOU DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE COURTESY, OR COMMON DECENCY, FOR THAT MATTER, TO ASK SANDY'S (Tim's wife) PERMISSION BEFORE POSTING THAT EMAIL TO A PUBLIC FOURUM!!

    This email was sent to all the contacts on his list. What gives you the right to make that email public knowledge without asking? Not to mention the fact that you've continued doing it. Guess what?

    You ain't on da list no 'mo.

    I think at the very least you should call Sandy and apologize.

    As if posting that email without permission wasn't rude enough already, you felt oblidged to throw in your 10 cents as well....
    SURPRISE!! SURPRISE!! All defamatory and negative.
    Kind of seems to me like you have a serious superiority complex, compounded by the fact that you feel you never quite got the recognition or praise that you think you may have deserved.

    In case anyone was wondering, everything went great in DC. I couldn't have been more honored than to have Tim ask for me to proxy for him at the meetings. You need not have worried about me being an embarrassment up there. I guess I must have made a good impression, since I was asked if having a seat on the AP would be something I would be interested in.

    AND, by the way, Vinnie, Ron your friend from HiLiner, that proxied for you, had no idea about the toilet paper remark. At least that's what he told me when we went to the bar. Pretty cool dude.

    Like I said before.....
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T.

  30. #60
    Lines In
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    60

    Default

    sounds like there will be a rebuttal by tuesday.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Swordfish Catch Leads to Accident
    By krisis7 in forum Swordfishing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 11:54 AM
  2. Deadliest Catch new season starts tonight
    By freezorburn in forum General Fishing Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 02:18 PM
  3. Reporting your catch on SE Swordfish Club
    By bajakian in forum Swordfishing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2008, 07:09 AM
  4. 200 lb. Swordfish ate by mako on the Catch My Drift
    By captandy in forum Swordfishing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 10:44 AM
  5. 200 pound swordfish on the Catch MY Drift
    By captandy in forum Swordfishing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 08:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •