Saltwater Fishing Forums
Deep Sea Fishing Fishing Pictures Fishing Articles Fishing Charters Fishing Store
Marine Bean Bags Marlin Lures RJ Boyle Studios
Go Back   SFC Fishing Forums > Fishing Forums > General Fishing Chat

General Fishing Chat General Fishing Discussion Forum. Discuss fishing related topics here that don't fit in the other forums.

Old 04-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
weekley rehab
Grander

Boat: Weekley Rehab contender 33T
Best Catch: 450 lb sword , 20lb mutton, 18lb black grouper
Default Come at my boat and this will happen to you

check this Video makes me proud to see something finally getting done about them pirates.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e2_1333668975
Old 04-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Harry Klauber
Grander

Boat: 34 Pursuit
Best Catch: Blue Fin Tuna - 1049 Pounds
Default Pirates

When we traveled waters that were known for frequent pirates (Along the east coast of Africa, Straits of Hormuz, Mallacca Straits, South China Sea, and other areas) we always had a group of very well armed marines with us as well as the 4 senior officers aboard the ship (Capt., Myself, and two others) all had 9 mils, Shotguns, and M-16's. We had access to all of that because we were carrying military cargo and on charter to the military. Private ships began carrying their own security team just about when I retired in 99 and have since been successful in stopping many boardings over the years.

Although it would seem obvious that the newer and larger a ship is the more likely it would be more heavily defended yet these are the ones the pirates go for as if successful they can get more ransom money from the owners for the ship. They usually try boarding at night and a daylight approach in flat calm weather was their mistake. It's kind of frightening to see them running at you as they could be terrorists looking to simply ram you as they have huge explosive charges on board. It's a sick part of the world! Harry
Harry Klauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
weekley rehab
Grander

Default just in case you did not get the message my russian friends will tell you again.

RUSSIAN NAVY CAPTURES SOMALI PIRATES

How about that - The Russians captured the Pirates, tied them up, put them on the boats, then set them all on fire - poof no more Pirates!

NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BS HERE! This video shows Russian Navy commandos on a Somalian pirate ship shortly after the pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The Euro Union navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casualties.

All explanations are in Russian with a single exception of when a wounded pirate says something in English and the Russian soldier says "This is not a fishing boat". All conversations between the commandos are in Russian. If you don't understand Russian, the pictures speak for themselves.

The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court proceedings, lawyers etc. That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hanged. Russian ships should not be popular targets for future Somali pirates.

click on link below

http://true-turtle.livejournal.com/85315.html
Old 04-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #4
TTesterman
Grander

sad part is if you were to ever give them back the chance to do it again now days they will.. my grandpa to his before him always knew "God helps those who help themselves.."

pretty simple you just have to know how to respect life, .. but also know how load it and shoot..

great video.. should be shown on all pirate tv..
TTesterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
freezorburn
Hooked Up

Boat: Custom Canaveral 28' Pilot House
Best Catch: They where all the Best!

it's about time!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
SwordFight
Hooked Up

Boat: 23' Sea Fox

weekly rehab how do you know they put the pirates back on the ship to burn it? I didnt see anything like that on the video
Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #7
weekley rehab
Grander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwordFight View Post
weekly rehab how do you know they put the pirates back on the ship to burn it? I didnt see anything like that on the video
The soldiers freed their compatriots and the tanker. The Russian Navy Commandos moved the pirates back to their own (pirate) ship, searched the pirate ship for weapons and explosives and then they left the ship and exploded it with all remaining pirates hand-cuffed to it.

it was in the report released by russian navy, I only copied and pasted what they reported.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Brandon
Hooked Up

Boat: 22' CC - LUNCHBOX
Best Catch: Est. 300 lb. Blue Marlin, 146 ib. yellowfin tuna both off boynton
Occupation: Assistant at Private Estate/Student/Fishing Captain
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon

That looks like a job for me... I think thats the way it should be down, f politics.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote